Our government has been busy. I mean really fucking busy. They have been passing laws which make absolutely no sense, and that too, in record time. And here’s the surprising part: Facebook users come to know about these laws and no media outlet ever does. Or maybe, our government does have a sense of humor. I mean it’s not like they have a country to run or anything.
At the same time almost anything can give you cancer. Going to theater’s is not safe, because that gives you aids or something. And doctors know fuck nothing about this. But obviously, facebook users trump doctors all the time.
The worst problem is that people don’t bother to check. You are already on facebook for god sake, you are already using a bloody web browser. You are one goddamn tab away from google. Here are a few examples:
If you find any important documents like Driving License (DL), Ration Card, Passport, Bank Passbook, Voter’s Card etc. missed by some one, simply put them into near by post boxes. They will be delivered to the owner and postal fee or fine will be collected from them”. New Law by Govt……click like and Pass on this useful & imp information….share as much as possible.
Firstly, when it comes to any official document, one is supposed to return it to the issuing authority. The documents are (generally) the property of the issuing authority, and not of the holder. A passport, regardless of nationality, if found MUST be reported to a passport office, because passports can be flagged as ‘discovered’ and these flags are traceable internationally. Moreover, there is absolutely no citation regarding this ‘law’ being passed.
In this case, if you’re reposting this, you’re just being ignorant dicks, because someone just might follow your advice and trash somebody’s passport for fuck sake.
Medical research unit of US has
found a new cancer in human
beings caused by ‘silver nitro-oxide’…..so whenever we buy mobile
recharge cards,they should not be
…………scratched by nail….coz they
contains ‘silver nitro-oxide’coating. ……which can cause
skin cancer…. ….copy n paste the
status and spread awareness……
This is my favorite one. First of all, there is NO compound called ‘Silver nitro-oxide’. If you ever paid attention in 11th standard, you would know that. But given the fact that you absolutely didn’t give a fuck in school when they were teaching you punctuation and grammar, this is no surprise to me. There is also nothing known as ‘Nitro oxide’. Nitrogen has a variety of oxides, but ‘Nitro oxide’ is not one of them. The best I’m willing to assume is you mean a compound of Silver, Nitrogen and Oxygen, or Silver Nitrate. Silver Nitrate (AgNO3) is NOT a carcinogen. Actually, it is an antiseptic. Secondly, metallic salts rarely look like metals (or shiny like the scratch cards). They mostly look packets of color I put in a bucket of water for holi. The scratch cards are made using Latex, which is a harmless polymer.
If you have a function/party at your home and if there is excess food available at the end, don’t hesitate to call **** (only in India) – child helpline. They will come and collect the food. Please circulate this message which can help feed many children.
This is fucking horrible. First of all, you’re simple mindless if you thought this could have ANY merit at all. And if you had even an inkling of doubt, it would really help if you could check what you’re posting, because if this fucking thing gets viral, you are clogging the call lines of an already understaffed organization. This is from their official website :
SBI guidelines- Public News 4 a true Indian: Bcoz of written Rupee note, Indian Govt. has Rs.2638 cr loss per year..plz don’t write anything on Rupee Note bcoz they can’t be used for std transactio ns..Eg u can’t find written notes in ATM…plz paste it on ur status so that everyone become aware of the fact….a useful message is better than many jokes……..
There are just so many things wrong with this:
- RBI makes notes, not SBI. And every-fucking-body knows that. This just goes to show that you’re just being tiny little cogs in a system that makes nonsense go viral without even bothering to read things once.
- What are std transactions? You give me money, I give you herpes? But wait, you wrote something on your note. Here, settle for a common cold.
- Torn notes and soiled notes are legal tender as long as more than half of the note is still intact (unless it looks like the cut is deliberate). This extend to notes that have doodles on them, if they currency denomination is clearly visible. 
- Rs. 2638 crore loss? If RBI has to discard a 500 Rs. note, it doesn’t mean India loses 500 Rs. It is replaced back in circulation, keeping the economy still at the same level. Yes, minting a note does cost more than the written value on it at times, but understand that when it is in circulation, it generates a lot more value in commodity and services than what is written on it. Rs. 2638cr is clearly a made up number.
Well, there are many more such posts out there, but here’s a simple guideline one just needs to follow:
- None of these posts contain even a single citation. There is no link to an official page, an official statement or even a press article.
- If the number of punctuation marks is more than the number of alphabets, it most probably is fake.
- Lawmaking in India is process of due deliberation. People don’t just get up in the morning, brush their teeth, have breakfast and make a new law.
- We have a thousand agencies in our country to stop the marketing of something that when touched will kill you with super lasers.
- Google is your friend.
EDIT: Another chain email/post that was supposedly forward, as pointed out by reader Rohan Mudaliar regarding the Supreme’s Court decision that accident victims must be tended to without being barred by formalities. This does have merit to it, and is true. However, since I don’t have the actual chain email/post, I cannot point out what portions of it are true and what are not.
A petition was filed by an NGO worker, Pt. Parmanand Katara, [Pt.Parmananda Katara vs. Union of Indian] and the act that was passed reads:
Constitution of India, 1950: Article 21–Obligation on
the State to preserve life–Every doctor has professional
obligation to extend services to protect life–All Govern-
ment hospitals/Medical institutions to pro vide immediate
medical aid in all cases.
Indian Medical Council Act, 1860: Section 33–Indian
Medical Council/Code of Medical Ethics–Clauses 10 and
13–Obligation to sick–Patient not to be neglected–Court
emphasized necessity to provide immediate medical aid.
Practice and Procedure: Medical professional–Law courts
will not summon unless evidence is necessary–Should not be
made to wait and waste time unnecessarily.
The entire document was released by the Judicial department of our National Information Center, and is available here.
Here is the Chandigarh Traffic police’s page regarding the same: http://www.chandigarhtrafficpolice.org/helpingvictims.php
And the 201st report from the Law Commission of India regarding the same: http://lawcommissionofindia.nic.in/reports/rep201.pdf